“Steponas Darius and Stasys Girėnas are flying to Lithuania!” – was the commencement of an extraordinary voyage in 1933, heralded by the pronouncements of Kaunas radio, as two Lithuanian aviators embarked on their quest to conquer the Atlantic Ocean.
- The courage and determination of the pilots who made our country’s name famous has endured in the collective consciousness for almost a century.
- To honour the memory of S. Darius and S. Girėnas and to commemorate the 90th anniversary of their flight across the Atlantic, we are proud to launch this limited-edition T-shirt.
- Illustration of the T-shirt “Wings of the Atlantic” created by the talented designer Lukrecija Zigmantaitė.
- This illustration portrays a resolute aircraft guided by pilots S. Darius and S. Girėnas, with the number 90 on its wing, emblematic of the anniversary associated with this historic event.
- The lower section of the artwork includes details concerning the aircraft’s specifications, presenting captivating historical facts that offer an opportunity to revisit the intricacies of this significant Lithuanian milestone.
Item code 23PRM70036